I am developing a set of WCF Services with Entity Framework 4.3 Code First, and I just noticed that WCF Data Services 5.0 for OData V3 has been shipped early April!
I must say it’s perfect timing for me, since I was trying to expose my DbContext thru WCF Data Services. This new version supports DbContext as the DataService source.
As usual, when I restart playing with WCF Data Services I get the following common issues:
- “Turn on feed reading view” must be unchecked (WCF Data Services Do Not Display In the Browser)
- Set the config.UserVerboseErrors = true in the InitializeService method of the Data Service to get full error message (HTTP 500)
- Ensure the Application Pool identity has permission to access the database!
Here are few links that made my day:
- WCF Data Services 5.0 for OData V3
- Using WCF Data Services with Entity Framework 4.1 and Code First
- My Favorite Things in OData v3 and WCF Data Services 5.0